Tuesday, June 22, 2010

So glad I don't have to live in a box

I am so so grateful for summer!  O and I made a doll yesterday - hand stitched, and then I 'helped' her make a dress for it that does not fit at ALL!  A seamstress I am not! 

Other things I have time to do with her is sort out rocks and gems, and put them into labeled bags.  I offer choreographical suggestions for her 'movie songs', which are rarely used!.  Right now her favorite is 'You Belong With Me' and 'Cha Cha Slide'.  And then, of course, I watch and download her movies of herself performing these songs!  

O has tickets made for when my sister and her family come down this weekend.  Tickets for her piano performance, movie songs, and Empire Strikes Back movie.  Hope they bring enough quarters!!

Plus, I've done some much needed cleaning out - the bookcase in our bedroom looks much better, the freezer is cleaned out (there was orange gunk in there for the past two months from O's experiment gone bad), and all of the laundry is caught up - including organizing W's sock drawer.  

What is it about all these mundane accomplishments that are so satisifying?  For me, I think all these little things that I don't have make time for build up into a big pile of guilt.

Now my little sweetie is making gifts for her cousins, and she's learning the extremely varied musical preferences of her mama.  Love to hear singing "Grace, Grace, God's grace" and then "Stop! Cause I really love you.  Stop!". 

Why Don't We Just Dance - Josh Turner
Whip It - Devo
Sunglasses At Night - Corey Hart 
Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams 
The Power of Your Name - Lincoln Brewster 
Missing You - John Waite 
Melody - Kate Earl 
Love Will Keep Us Together - Captain & Tennille 

In the cool of the evening - Rosemary Clooney 

If This Is It - Huey Lewis & The News 

I Melt With You - Modern English
Heart of Rock-N-Roll - Huey Lewis & The News 
Grace That Is Greater - Bart Millard
Faithful God - Shannon Wexelberg
Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds  
Don't Go Breaking My Heart - Elton John & Kiki Dee 

Cuts Like a Knife - Bryan Adams
All Your Promises Are True - Shannon Wexelberg 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers