Thursday, January 8, 2015

Favorite Books from 2014


My husband and I challenge each other every year to read one book a week.  I don't think we've ever made it to 52, though!  It's still a worthwhile goal, though, so we're trying again.  Here are some that I enjoyed this past year.
 
  
Why Shoot a Butler? by Georgette Heyer.  My first Heyer mystery and I am hooked!  I'm always thankful when I read Ms. Heyer on my Kindle because she uses exquisite language and I am always looking up so many new words!
 
 

A Yorkshire Christmas by Kate Hewitt.  A fun Christmas read.  The writing evoked a lot compassion for all three of the main characters and the ending was satisfying. Even though I haven't made it to Yorkshire yet, I could well imagine the snowy roadways!

 
Death at Blenheim Palace by Robin Paige.  I read this in England after touring Blenheim Palace so that may be why it's one of my favorites!  The grandeuer of the grounds, buildings are stunning, and the village of Woodstock is lovely. An intriguing mystery. 

 
A Place of Healing by Joni Eareckson Tada.  Joni has suffered so much in life, and continues to trust God, and in His goodness.  This spoke to me on many different levels.
 
 
The Measure of Katie Calloway by Serena Miller.  Katie Calloway endures a cruel husband, and when she has an opportunity to escape, she doesn't hesitate.  I admired her determination in the face of obstacle after obstacle.  Love the description of the Michigan woods as well.
 
 
Free Country by George Mahood.  This is a FUN book!  Two men decided to rely solely on the generosity of strangers to travel from Lands End to the northernmost point of Scotland.  Definitely some laugh out loud moments!


Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis. Beautiful, heartfelt, inspiring. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers