Thursday, March 5, 2015

Art-full January / February


I've SO enjoyed making time to be creative in a different vein lately.  When I sew purses or wallets I relish the feeling of creating something out of nothing but pieces of fabric. However, everything has to be done 'right' for it to turn out well.

Since I've been feeling more free-spirited, I decided to try my hand at art journaling. I bought watercolor pencils, a book, and jumped in.

The above is my first attempt, and is a complete copy from a true artist!  With my daughter in our classical education, we always begin by 'copying the masters', and so I did exactly the same.


For my sweet niece's birthday, I made a personalized candle jar for her.  I copied a lot of her Instagram photos, arranged them, and added quotes at the bottom. After figuring out the right sizes of photos to fit the jar (from Ikea), I printed on vellum and attached with double-sided tape.  My niece is an amazing gift-giver, always so thoughtful, and I was very happy to create a little something for her, OF her!






Our homeschool co-op had an 80's dance the first week of February and I was privileged to do the decorations.  I'm an 80's girl at heart so the giant Rubik's cube, Pac Man, and big hair was easy as pie for me. I was even more thrilled when I found WHAM's first album at Half Price Books!  I used to own it, and mine had their group name as WHAM! UK.  Displaying THAT album would have fulfilled my inner 13-year-old self even MORE!



My trusty sweet girl helps me make samples for the Geography through Art class that I teach on Fridays. Last week we celebrated China and the Chinese new year. We both noticed creating the Chinese letter symbols was very therapeutic!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers